San Diego Surf Camp
If you are between the ages of 5-15 years old, a surf camp is the ultimate in surfing experiences! Our program is dedicated to safety and structured to provide a fun and enriching setting for youth to build the self-confidence necessary to develop into true water-women and men.
Camps Hours Of Operation: Monday to Friday.
Full Day Camp: 9 AM to 3 PM
1/2 Day Camp: 9 AM to 12 PM
Camps fill-up quickly! Call for details today at 858-373-1138
Focus on Surf Safety & Environmental Awareness
Professional Surf Photographer!
Daily surf-related activities educate & inspire!
Daily lectures peak young wave-rider’s curiosity
Surf Expression-Session/Contest & Pizza Party on the last day… Parents invited to watch!
Five Day Surf Camp
A week long all day camp offers the most comprehensive surfing experience around. Campers will have up to three in water surf sessions per day to practice their newly acquired skills. During lunch, which is provided daily, surfers will take part in discussions about surfing etiquette so they can learn to get along with others in the water as well as learn about how to read tide charts and how waves work.
Single Day Surf Camp
An all day camp offers convenient, flexible and affordable way to enjoy surf camp. Campers will learn about surfboards, how to paddle, pop up, and be safe in the water while having fun.
Half Day Surf Camp
Half day surf camps are available Monday through Friday in the morning and are a great way to introduce kids to surfing as well as the ocean. Campers get tons of personal attention in a safe and fun environment. On top of learning how to surf, campers will learn about water safety, marine life and surf culture.
2018 Surf Camp Schedule – Enrollment Starts In April
- Session 1: June 11 – June 15
- Session 2: June 18 – June 22
- Session 3: June 25 – June 29
- Session 4: July 2 – July 6
- Session 5: July 9 – July 13
- Session 6: July 16 – July 20
- Session 7: July 23 – July 27
- Session 8: July 30 – August 3
- Session 9: August 6 – August 10
- Session 10: August 13 – August 17
- Session 11: August 20 – August 24
Getting Ready For Surf Camp
You can drop campers at the Boardwalk Surf Shop location 15 minutes before the start of surf camp session. Campers will be greeted by our Surf School Director and surf camp instructors. You will be required to sign in your child during drop-off and sign out after pickup. Your child will surf the slow rolling white water waves so they don’t have to be a good swimmer. We have 4:1 students to instructor ratio and our surf instructors are trained and certified in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety by American Red Cross and will be beside them at all times. Equipment is included in surf camp, but your little camper will need to bring the following:
- Bathing suit or board shorts to wear under their wetsuit
- Towel to dry-off after surfing
- A hat
- Instructor to student ratio is 1-4 (or less)
- Campers are grouped based on age & ability. Friends requests are honored!
- All instructors are CPR & Lifeguard Certified
- Parents always welcome on the beach
- We provide everything, from equipment & kid-friendly snacks, to sunscreen!